The Customer Support Specialist position encompasses a unique combination of problem solving, financial operations support, technical assistance, and daily business tasks.
At Fintech, our Customer Support team is not a call center or a monotonous data entry sector. This department is the guardian of the Fintech customer experience - ensuring clients can utilize our services smoothly and efficiently while simultaneously preventing issues before they even arise.
This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Standard hours are 8am - 5pm; flexibility to occasionally work 10am - 7pm. Job Function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assist customers with website navigation, login creation, invoice inquiries, bank reconciliation, and account maintenance via telephone. Responsible for facilitating bank account changes and verifying the processing and receipt of funds.
- One of the customer service team's primary goals is to ensure all calls and email requests are responded to satisfactorily and on a timely basis. We use a helpdesk ticketing system in an effort to provide the best service possible.
- Responsible for accurate processing of manual invoicing and bank account changes as requested by customers. These requests should be completed the same day they are requested.
- Complete all tasks related to the daily processing of incoming files, submitting them to our respective banks for processing through the Federal Reserve System and end-of-day processing activities.
- Process all monetary and non-monetary returns submitted by our respective processing banks. Notify customers of returns and complete required documentation to provide to customers. Track returns for settlement, reversal or re-origination.
- Assist the department manager as directed.
- Formulate recommendations for system enhancements and process improvements to increase efficiencies within customer support department and customer end user experience
- Assist with updating SOP's and creating 'how-to' training documentation for internal and external use.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner. Must be able to explain, in some instances, technical instructions in a user-friendly manner.
- People-oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to interact and communicate with internal staff in an effective and courteous manner. Must know when to call in other team members for support.
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, able to prioritize and complete several customer calls/activities simultaneously.
- Ability to interact and communicate with personnel at our "processing banks", reflecting a courteous "company attitude."
- Must be a fluent Windows user with a basic understanding of database operation.
- Proficiency in a number of different software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in sales and support environment preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience using a helpdesk ticketing system is a plus (e.g. Kayako).
- Phone training and/or live conference call experience a plus.
- Project management skills a plus.
- ACH processing knowledge a plus.
To be considered for this position, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org